Friday, April 24, 2009

Easter











What a crappy morning it was for Easter. The kids had to hunt eggs inside the house once again. Why does it always seem to rain on Easter here? Oh well, they were excited anyways. Emily started to get grumpy for some reason while hunting eggs. She wasn't picking up any of the plastic ones. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that the bunny didn't hide any of the ones they colored. OOOPS!! I totally forgot to hide those at 5AM!! So I told her maybe they were all upstairs. So she went up there and I quickly hid the ones from the fridge. I told her to look harder downstairs. She saw one and her face lit up. UGH!! Things that make kids sad and happy. Crazy!! Ryan was happy to find any type of egg. He liked to open his as soon as he found one. They each had 3 special eggs that they had to find that was theirs. Emily had 3 Hello Kitty shaped eggs and Ryan had 3 Lightning McQueen shaped eggs. Each one had money it in. We did not go to church on Easter. We decided to go the night before to beat the crowd on Easter Sunday since that is one of the days people decide to go if they don't go at all during the year. The kids planted seeds in a cup of soil to watch Jesus rise from the dead. Well, too bad they didn't work. The weather was too cloudy here, so I replanted some new beans in the cup and yesterday the kids were able to see them sprout. Thank goodness. Emily asked me everyday about those darn things. She told me that it was only supposed to take 3 days. HA!! I wish it only took 3 days for seeds to sprout.

No comments: