Saturday, February 21, 2009

Daddy Daughter Dance







Richard and I have been looking forward to this day more than Emily has. There was no excitement from her whatsoever. Earlier in the week I went and ordered her corsage and Richard's boutonniere. I got red roses with black ribbon since her dress was a deep red and black. Richard picked those up today around noon. That is the smallest corsage I have seen. It was so cute. She wore a dress that Richard's Dad and Step mom sent for Christmas 2 years ago. YES, it still fits and this was the first time she ever wore it. It was too big when they sent it. I bought her some new shoes and got some black tights. I fixed her hair as best I could. Her hair and mine don't curl very well. She liked it and that's all that mattered. They left around 5:45 so they could get in and get their pictures taken. While there, Richard called to let me know that they ended up buying some things. GREAT!! They get you all the time. MONEY MONEY MONEY!! It was a masked ball, so she bought a mask and a boa. Richard got some picture frames for their photos. Emily started to cry at the dance and Richard called me so I talked to her. She said she wanted her Mommy. All that means is I'm tired and want to go to bed. She didn't want me. I talked to her and calmed her down. This was around 7. Well around 7:30 I hear the garage door open and was surprised they were home so early. Emily said it was too loud and that all her friends had left as well due to the noise. So all that hard work for an hour. Hope it's better next year.

1 comment:

KelleyGreen said...

Awe...poor Emily. I'd love to see some pictures from it!